Alcohol Regulations

1. Completely denatured alcohol may be lawfully possessed, furnished, purchased, sold, bartered, transported, imported, or delivered into, from and within the State of Vermont in accordance with the rules, laws and regulations of the Federal Government pertaining thereto.

2. Pure ethyl or grain alcohol, including special denatured alcohol, for manufacturing, mechanical, medicinal, and scientific purposes must not be transported or delivered into or within the State of Vermont by other than a common carrier and only when consigned to the Vermont Liquor Control Board or to persons designated as permittees, such as manufacturers, industrial users, hospitals, druggists, institutions of learning, etc., and only in wholesale quantities in containers of five gallons or more when accompanied by permit issued by the Vermont Liquor Control Board.

3. Upon application, a permit may be issued to registered manufacturers of alcohol or to manufacturer's agents desiring to sell alcohol to permittees in the State of Vermont.

4. Upon application made on forms provided for this purpose by the Liquor Control Board, the Commissioner may issue a permit to persons designated in Regulation No. 2, requiring alcohol in quantities of five gallons or more for hospitals, manufacturing, mechanical and scientific purposes to purchase such alcohol direct from duly registered manufacturers of alcohol or manufacturers' agents. This permit must accompany each shipment of alcohol from duly registered vendor to permittee. Upon delivery of the alcohol at destination, such permit is to be properly endorsed by the consignee and returned to the Commissioner of Liquor Control at Montpelier by the consignee. All such shipments must be delivered to the consignee and not to the person placing the order.

5. Purchases of pure ethyl or grain alcohol may be made from Vermont State Liquor Stores or Vermont State Liquor Agencies upon the completion of an alcohol purchase form provided at the retail location. The purchase of pure ethyl or grain alcohol at the retail outlet must be made for the purposes of manufacturing, mechanical, medicinal or scientific purposes.


> Regulations
> Vermont Liquor Laws
> Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms This link takes you outside VT-DLC's web site.
> BATF's Liquor Laws and Regulations for Retail Dealers This link takes you outside VT-DLC's web site.
> Site Map
> Contact Us