Docket 7373 Southern Loop Main Page
Southern Loop Transmission Upgrade Project
On November 8, 2007, Vermont Electric Power Company, Inc. & Vermont Transco, LLC (collectively "VELCO"), and Central Vermont Public Service Corporation jointly filed a petition to construct the Southern Loop Transmission Upgrade Project, located in the towns of Vernon, Guildford, Brattleboro, Dummerston, Newfane, Brookline, Townshend, Grafton, Windham, Andover, Chester, Ludlow and Cavendish, Vermont. The proposed project consists of the following elements:
The petitioners must obtain approval from the Public Service Board, in the form of a "Certificate of Public Good" before any construction could begin. The case in which the Board will consider the petitioners' application is Docket 7373.
- construction of a new, approximately 51-mile, 345 kV transmission line between Vernon-Cavendish, to be built parallel to and within the same utility right-of-way as VELCO's existing Vernon-Cavendish 345 kV line;
- construction of a new VELCO 345/ll5 kV Vernon substation, to be located just north of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station;
- construction of a new 345/115/46 kV Newfane substation;
- construction of a new, approximately one-mile, 345 kV transmission line loop between the new Newfane sub-station and the new Vernon-Cavendish 345 kV line; and
- expansion of VELCO's Coolidge substation in Cavendish.
These web pages provide information about Docket 7373 to allow participants and members of the public to stay informed about the progress of the case.
Docket 7373 Caption
Joint Petition of Vermont Electric Power Company, Inc., Vermont Transco, LLC, and Central Vermont Public Service Corporation for a certificate of public good, pursuant to 30 V.S.A. Section 248, authorizing the construction of the Southern Loop Transmission Upgrade Project.
The Board publishes a "Citizens
Guide to Vermont's Section 248 Process." The Guide was created to assist the public in understanding and participating in cases, such as Docket 7373, that involve applications for § 248 Certificates of Public Good.
Certificate of Public Good issued February 11, 2009
Created on ... December 17, 2007