Board Investigation into Smart Metering and Alternative Rate Design
On April 18, 2007, the Board initiated a proceeding to examine the potential use and deployment of smart metering technology. The investigation also encompasses the possible use of alternative rate designs, including block rates, that could encourage energy efficiency.
The Board has convened workshops on August 21, 2007, November 13, 2007, and January 15, 2008, to review the analysis of the potential deployment of smart metering technology in Vermont. This analysis was conducted by a consultant hired by the Department of Public Service.
Next Steps: Comments on how to proceed in this docket are due on February 11. Reply Comments are due on February 25.
- Order opening investigation
- Presentation on Draft Report, 11/13/07
- Presentation on Draft Final Report, 1/15/08
- Draft Report on Benefit-Cost Analysis for Advanced Metering and Time Based Pricing, 1/7/08, prepared by Freeman, Sullivan and Co., DPS consultant
- Final report on Benefit-Cost Analysis for Advanced Metering and Time Based Pricing, 3/26/2008
- Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
Created on ... January 16, 2008